CENTER FOR CALLING AND CAREERS: STUDENTS
CENTER FOR CALLING AND CAREERS
The Center for Calling and Career is here to help you discover your full potential in the professional world. We offer a wide range of services that will ultimately help you find success beyond Point. Check out all that we offer and come see us today!
- Career Exploration – Unsure about your major? Let our staff help you figure out which major is best for you. Come in for a brief session: Make an appointment!
- If you are interested in student employment or internships, please visit Point Job Connection, our main website, to search for internships and jobs, create a profile, upload your resume and cover letters, monitor positions you apply for, view weekly career tips and connect with hundreds of people on the Prayer Network. Please fill out the student employment application and return it to the Career Center.
- Career Events & Workshops – Stay up-to-date with the latest events from the CCC. Career fairs, info sessions, workshops, résumé reviews and more!
- Job Search Resources – Take a look at all of the great job searching tools we’ve gathered for you!
Your resume is by far the most important document you will use in your job search. The resources listed below will help you develop and improve your resume.
Please visit our CrossroadsCareer® Network site to find out how we can further assist you during your job search. It’s easy to register for free career resources. Whether you are a student or alumnus, we are happy to give you free access to more than 100 job and career search tools, featuring:
- The web’s largest job search engine
- Our six-step, 80-page Crossroads Career® Guide
- Special studies such as New Job Jump Start
Our Crossroads Career® ministry also offers additional programs and opportunities for job seekers, career explorers, employers and regular church attendees to get involved.
- Job Postings – Employers and recruiters can post job openings for 30 days for just $30/post.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Point University friends and alumni who have a passion for helping those who are unemployed and/or “mis-employed” are encouraged to serve in this ministry. Volunteer with us now. We are seeking individuals with one or more of the following traits:
- Industry experience (recruiters, HR professionals, training);
- Personally walked through a career crossroad;
- Possess spiritual gifts of hospitality, encouragement, teaching; and
- Passionate about loving the Lord and caring for His people.
The Center for Calling and Career offers a variety of additional resources for students and alumni including resume assistance, skill and interest assessments, and information on a variety of internship and volunteer opportunities. A listing of ministry jobs is also provided for those interested in pursuing full-time ministry.
For more information, please contact the Career Center at Career.Center@point.edu.