HELP & SUPPORT
The Office of Information Technology at Point University is located in the Smith Lanier Academic Center media center. This department is comprised of full-time staff and work-study students.
The OIT serves to provide the Point community with timely, cost-effective access to the latest technology resources. The OIT is responsible for computer hardware and software support, network facilities, and telephone systems campus wide. The University is continually searching for ways to provide the most productive technology experience for students, faculty and staff. Wireless Internet access is available all across the campus and in the Point Living Community. A student computer lab is provided in the Smith Lanier Academic Center Media Center for those who do not have access to a computer in the Point Living Community or who live off campus.
If you have questions or concerns about information technology at Point, please contact the Office of Information Technology by email, email@example.com, or by phone at 706-385-1493. Office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
The OIT handles all technology resources for faculty, staff, and students at Point University.
- Access to Public Computers (Network logon)
- CampusNexus© Student
- Hardware and Software Support*
- Point University Email Accounts
- Network Connectivity (LAN / WAN)
- Student and Alumni Database (CampusNexus© Student)
* Complete hardware and software support is limited to Point University owned equipment. Student’s personal computers are not supported by the IT Department beyond network connectivity issues. Personal computers can be serviced by local computer service retailers. Please come to the Help Desk for more information.
For technical assistance please visit the all new support portal, http://itsupport.point.edu. You will need your Point University username and password to access the portal.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CONTACTS:
Bill Dorminy, Director of Information Technology
Warren Carey, Enterprise Application System Administrator
Billy Brown, Enterprise Applications Support Technician
Shannon Williams IT Support Technician
Brian Green IT Support Technician
Jeremy Cummins IT Support Technician